Tuesday, January 17, 2012

So he wrote a letter...

It's no mystery GMan LOVES to read!  He eats up books like they're candy, M&M's if you're curious.  Last Valentine's Day I bought him the first book of the Harry Potter series.  I was cautious about it's content but figured at 9 1/2 he would be fine.  He read all 7 books (4000+ pages and nearly 1,000,000 words) in less than 3 weeks.  To say the least he was hooked.

Just prior to moving we discovered another series. Charlie Bone and the Magician Series, by Jenny Nimmo.  GMan was hooked again!  They are somewhat similar to Harry Potter, although Grant will tell you they're very different.

GMan loved the HP books a lot.  He also loved every movie.  He even spent his birthday money buying them all and often has HP movie marathon days!  So much did he love them that he decided he would write a screenplay, only he was going to base the books on the Charlie Bone series.

I encouraged him to do so but carefully told him he'd need to write a letter to Ms. Nimmo asking permission to base his movie on her books.  Quickly, and without dismay, he composed this letter:


Dear Miss Nimmo,

      I love your Charlie Bone books. In fact, I have considered to possibly go to the big leagues and turning paper into hologram. I am asking for permission to write a major motion picture to go on the big screen. If you give me permission, I will try my very hardest to make this movie amazing. In fact, my goal is to beat Harry Potter by great amounts. The books and movies of Charlie Bone will fly in and knock Harry off the charts, with a LONG way down. Don’t worry, he won’t be going up. He’ll be falling down a dark abyss! The movie will be outstanding! Even though I am 10 years old, I will keep trying to put Charlie Bone on top. So please, will you let me fire a shot? I will start with the very first in the series, Midnight for Charlie Bone. If that works, the bullet is shot and isn’t NEAR stopping. You made the bones, and I’ll make the muscles and joints. The movie makers will make the skin. I considerably ask for permission. Please?

Your Biggest Fan,



We mailed the letter before Thanksgiving and forgot about it...until today.





















GMan's reaction to the letter:





THE LETTER:







Be on the lookout for GMan's screenplay.  It'll hit a theater near you...don't forget the M&M's.




No comments:

Post a Comment