Saturday, August 20, 2011

Some Things are Worth Repeating...and Practice Makes Perfect

One of my favorite elementary school years was the 4th grade.  I had a great spiral perm, gap-toothed grin and "unique" sense of fashion (layered neon anyone?).  I had a wonderful teacher that year and I was on the jump-rope team!

It was so great I've decided to do it again!!  Only this time, no perm, no gap-toothed grin and probably very little jumping rope.  I still have a "unique" sense of fashion (layered sweats anyone?), but this time we're going digital...

Our homeschool curricula is computer based...all the "hard" work will by done by ye old laptop.  This being our first attempt at homeschooling we thought this would make the whole transition easier.  I won't have to grade every quiz and assignment and Gman won't have to listen to me drone on  lecture  teach (at least not too much).

To better understand what Gman was going to be seeing and doing, the wonderful support team at AlphaOmega suggested I set myself up to be a student.  That's right...4th grade here we come.

Last week I logged on to look at my assignments.  The first lesson was a  p r a c t i c e lesson.  It showed me step by step how to use the software as a student.  Beginning with some navigation tips, it was very thorough in explaining the whole process from reading the passages to completing homework and quizzes.  I'll have you know I scored a 100% and am currently an A+ student!

Gman completed the practice lesson yesterday.  I helped for the first few minutes but he was able to take off and complete the whole thing--also earning a 100%.  I can see there maybe some rivalry developing.

School starts Monday...I think we're ready...now where are my hair scrunchies?



1 comment: