Sunday, August 21, 2011

Never say Never...

I thought our family was complete.  We were happy, the five of us, in our little home.  We weren't looking for it...didn't expect it...but out of nowhere came number six...



Ain't she sweet (that's right, ain't)? 

This little gal practically lept into my arms last week.  We were walking home from the playground when we heard her cry.  I looked around and she was across the street.  She'd spotted us too and was headed our way!  As I approached her I could see just how in need of attention she was.  She was filthy, flea infested and starving for love. 


We got her home, bathed and set up in a box...that's when the phone calls started.  I called the vet, they said call the animal shelter.  The shelter was full.  So I called the vet again and explained that the kitten needed medical attention and that I was not interested in dropping tens of dollars on a cat I wasn't planning on keeping...nevermind we're allergic too!  The vet said, "we'll gladly euthanize her for the city."  Well, as you can imagine...we now have a cat.

Yes, we're allergic.  But ain't she sweet?




We did get her to the vet that day.  She's only about 3 weeks old, wonderfully healthy and after a multiple of flea treatments, KMR formula and softened kitten food she's another member of the family. 


She still sleeps in the box although she'd probably prefer my shoulder. 




We kicked around several options for names and finally settled on one...


Welcome to our family



ELLIE MAY

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say... awwwww? I love this story. I currently have a cat (not a kitten) meowing outside my window at me...but also have 2 dogs that will traumatize her within seconds. So, if she is still there tomorrow, I'll probably make some calls, too. Glad you posted this link. I didn't know you had a blog!

    ReplyDelete